Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

School Policy

My daughter got suspended from school for 10 days for cursing her teacher. It was the maximum penalty. She muttered something under her breath that she dared repeat when the teacher asked.

I went to meet with the Vice-Principal to see about getting it reduced. This person was completely unreasonable. I was told the suspension could be 10 or 5 days depending on the severity of the incident. Pointing out that my daughter was punished the same as if she screamed obscenities in the teacher's face and embarassed her in front of everyone. It got it reduced to 7 days.

There's an Alternative program my daughter could go to during her Suspension that allows her to make up her work. As a single parent, I can't pick her up at two every day from this facility. She walks or rides her bike home from school. Hopefully her teachers will allow her to make up the work. This could severely injure her academically, which goes against everything our education system is supposed to stand for.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?