Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Challenges

This year has certainly proved to be filled with incidences and moments that cause me to remember why I started this web site in the first place. My 14 year old son has presented me with challenges that prove this is all not just a folly.

I can't speak for the school systems elsewhere in our great country, but public education in Florida is definitely lacking in creativity and daring. My son has gotten into some trouble that I consider somewhat minor but his school is unable to cope with it. They have no Programs to deal with him and they seem to simply want to 'wash their hands'. No imagination.

What kind of system is it when the very institution that is charged with molding our youths all but turns their back? What kind of message is that to send? My boy is part of the future of America and his school doesn't seem to care.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?